English for Employment FREE COURSE
Job seeking skills and employment outcomes!!!!! Suitable for migrants with permanent residency and Cert. III Qualification or higher. Free Course to start 13/03/13 if we have sufficient numbers.
Great opportunity for Governance Training for NFP Boards and Committees – limited numbers
The new Associations Incorporation Act 2009 came into force in July 2010, but in 2013 many Incorporated Associations are still not aware of what the changes mean for their organisation or what the additional responsibilities and risks are for their Board of Management.
The Illawarra Forum is hosting a seminar focusing on governance standards for Incorporated Associations at the Ribbonwood Centre, Dapto on 25th March 2013. The seminar will be conducted by the Public Interest Law Clearing House (PILCH)) and the NSW Council of Social Service ((NCOSS).
This is a great professional development opportunity and I urge you to encourage your Board members to attend.
To register for the Good Governance Training, use this link:
Port Kembla Lane Way Community Gardens
“The Place of Fruit Trees”
Sunday 10 March
- One-hour workshop start 9am (between Fifth Ave and Wentworth)
- Establishing interesting support plants in a food forest system for community or home gardens (i.e., year-round yields from the canopy, sub canopy, and ground cover plantings)
- A walk and talk to learn what grows well in Port Kembla and how.
- From 10am, a working bee to learn maintenance of existing gardens with a focus on fruit trees.
- Take home some sweet potatoes or comfrey.
Each month we’ll work to maintain and accent the showpiece of an urban food forest this Lane Way has become in six short years!