Violence: responses, prevention and intervention
Youth Health Forums are stimulating half-day forums cover a wide range of adolescent health and well-being issues, appealing to health, education, community, welfare professionals and students. The Forum provides opportunity for attendees to meet, update knowledge and skills, exchange information and strengthen the youth health network, in order to provide the best possible support for young people in NSW. At this Forum, we will look at violence in young people’s lives.
When and where:
Date | 26 March 2014
Time | 8.30am -12.30pm
Venue | Lorimer Dods Lecture Theatre, The Children’s Hospital at Westmead
Don’t miss this topic! Program include:
- Young people, violence and health – what the research tells us
- No safe place being young and black: Aboriginal young peoples’ experiences of trauma
- “It wasn’t like that”: surviving and making sense of sibling sexual abuse
- DV victim to DV offender: NSW Police Force working to shorten the odds
- Brutal beginnings: Overcoming refugee young people’s experience of violence
- Trauma training for teachers – A project addressing development trauma in the classroom
- Panel discussion – tools and tips
RSVP: Friday 21 March 2014
Please see the attached program for more details.
If you don’t have internet access, please register by phone on 02 9526 1221.
Marney 02 9526 1221, email: email@example.com
Ms Shika Raju 02 9424 5833 / Ms Ken Yap, 02 9424 5846