A Wide Lens’ is a free on-line learning and training resource developed by Pete Slattery for the NSW Dept of Family & Community Services. It is intended for workers (and trainers) with children and young people.
It is a mapping tool, a holistic way of looking at those we work with. It presents a model of three worlds:
- the internal world of the child or young person
- the external world of the child or young person, and
- the assets & resources of the helper, worker, the carer.
With videos and animations ‘A Wide Lens’ takes you through a series of questions to help identify what is terrific and what is less-so in a person’s world…and asks what we might be able to offer:
- to add, strengthen, minimise or maximise in the worlds of the those we work with, and
- asks also: what can we access from our own worlds to assist in this process?
CLICK HERE to find it