Three weeks left to apply…
Every year, the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS) provides funding for local government and community organisations to participate in NSW Seniors Week. The hundreds of projects that receive funding help make NSW Seniors Week a vibrant, diverse and exciting celebration of our state’s seniors.
If you have previously applied for a grant, you might be interested to hear that for the first time, grants of up to $5,000 are available in a second tier of funding.
You’ll also notice that for 2015, the application process has changed and is much easier. NSW Seniors Week grants are now administered using SmartyGrants software, through a custom FACS grants portal. This is a secure and streamlined process for applicants and it means grant applications can be saved and revisited at any time.
In order to be successful, projects will need to align with one or more of the following objectives:
- Provide seniors with an opportunity to participate in creative, sporting, recreational, and/or cultural activities;
- Encourage seniors to embrace and enhance their technology skills;
- Promote communities that are age-friendly, and where seniors participate in social and economic life;
- Encourage healthy and active ageing of the body and mind;
- Recognise and encourage the contribution of seniors to their community ;
- Promote the self-expression of seniors; and
- Promote the diversity and unique experience of seniors.
For more information and to apply for a grant, visit www.nswseniorsweek.com.au/grants.
Applications will be accepted until 5.00pm Friday 19 September.