Date | Friday 19 September
Time | 1.00pm – 3.00pm
Where | The Assembly Hall, The Sebel Harbourside Kiama, 31 Shoalhaven Street, Kiama
We are excited to launch the recently developed resource kit for Home and Community Care organisations in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven.
This kit has been developed with the support of local organisations and most importantly the clients of these services. It is designed to assist organisations to fully implement the enablement approach into every day service delivery, offering clients more holistic, person centred and goal focused supports that aim to regain or maintain health and skills.
The image-rich booklet, aptly titled Along the Way celebrates the stories of a diverse range of clients and services in the region. Come along and join us in thanking those people for their support of this project and for sharing their stories and for helping us to ‘Collect the Reality’. This innovative set of resources includes:
- A video brochure to help inform clients and carers about enablement and the person-centred approach;
- A booklet featuring stories and images from local service providers and clients which demonstrates enablement in action;
- Z cards targeted at practitioners to reinforce enablement principles and provide examples of good practice;
- Reflection Cards. These cards can be used in a variety of ways by practitioners and supervisors to support supervision and encourage reflective practice in organisations;
- Thankyou cards which supervisors and team leaders can issue to reinforce positive behaviours;
- Post-it notes featuring images and statements which reinforce the enablement message.
To RSVP click here: www.trybooking.com/Booking/BookingEventSummary.aspx?eid=102275