The Tools for Success program is a new scholarship provided by NSW Family and Community Services, encouraging women living in social housing to take up a career in non-traditional trades.
Second round applications open on 5 January 2015 and close on 27 February 2015.
Tools for Success is offering the following scholarships to support women living in social housing:
- up to $1000 to attend pre-apprenticeship training in a non-traditional trade through TAFE, a registered training organisation or a group training organisation (50 scholarships available).
- up to $5000 to start or continue an apprenticeship in a non-traditional trade (40 scholarships available).
Please note that the scholarships are open to women already participating in apprenticeships, as long as they meet eligibility requirements. (See attached Guidelines)
We’re asking you and your organisation to help us promote the Tools for Success scholarships by:
- Displaying the Tools for Success posters in visible areas
- Distributing Tools for Success flyers
- Informing your staff and networks about the scholarships
- Sharing information about the scholarships and Tools for Success via your social media channels
- Actively encouraging women to take up the scholarships.
The application must made through the online application form available on the Tools to Success website: http://www.communityhousing.org.au/toolsforsuccess