The NSW Government has announced the opening of the 2015/16 NSW Community Safety Fund.
The fund will provide $10 million over four years to support local projects that prevent or reduce crime and improve community safety.
The NSW Community Safety Fund 2015/16 will provide grants up to $250,000 to non-government or not-for-profit organisations, community groups, chambers of commerce and businesses for community safety initiatives with a crime prevention focus including those that:
- address local crime hot spots;
- address anti-social behaviour in communities;
- promote safe and inclusive use of public space; and,
- promote collaborative approaches to community safety and crime
reduction, prevention and detection initiatives.
Applications for up to $250,000 can now be submitted for infrastructure and service delivery projects.
Additional information including the Program Guidelines and Applying for a Grant documents can be found on the NSW Department of Justice website (copy and paste link) http://www.crimeprevention.nsw.gov.au/Pages/cpd/protectcommunity/communitysafefund.aspx
The following groups are eligible to apply for funding under the NSW Community Safety Fund 2015/16 guidelines:
- community groups;
- non-government organisations;
- not-for-profit organisations;
- chambers of commerce; and
- businesses seeking funding for projects that demonstrate community benefit.
Note: Community groups are encouraged to partner with local councils for proposals involving community owned facilities or public land.
Department of Justice – Promoting a Just and Safe Society.
Visit us at www.justice.nsw.gov.au