Registrations are now open
March 14 – 18
Holiday Inn, Parramatta, 18 – 40 Anderson Street, Parramatta
The ENGAGING MEN certificate course in male health promotion will equip allied health, human service, education, community workers and industry professionals with knowledge and skills to work more effectively with males, with the aim of improving the health, psychological, educational and social outcomes for them. The course acknowledges and recognises the challenges that men and boys face in today’s world of rapid change and changing social responsibilities and, provides a space for the men and women who work with men and boys to develop health promotion strategies that are male friendly and effective. No previous experience or knowledge is required – only a willingness to learn, explore and grow. ENGAGING MEN combines evidence based theory and practice with a focus on developing individual awareness, knowledge and interpersonal and group skills.
What does the ENGAGING MEN course cover?
- An introduction to holistic health model | overview of male health & wellbeing issues | social determinants of health
- The HEALTH model |history of male health work in Australia | effective ways of working with men and boys
- Male psychology |Interpersonal communication skills | how men deal with difficult emotions
- Building, enhancing and maintaining relationships with others. Breaking down social isolation.
- Mediation, Mindfulness and Self Compassion – theory and skills development
- Working with men in groups. Starting, maintaining and ending groups. Developing effective group leadership.
- Goal setting | Happiness building | Empowerment – individual goal setting strategies
- Helping men to find meaning and purpose in life | Enhancing strengths based approaches
- Participants self guided project presentations
- Specialised areas of study as decided pre commencement of course by each training group
All modules are presented in a half day format with lots of interactive small group work and time for discussion and reflection.
About the presenter.
Greg Millan is one of Australia’s leading experts on men’s health and wellbeing with over 30 years experience in the men’s health promotion area. He has developed and implemented many health programs, professional training sessions, and community events and developed resources covering a wide range of male health and wellbeing issues. Greg is a social work trained health educator who has worked for over 35 years in Government, non-government organisations and the private sector. He is currently involved in various men’s health & wellbeing projects and is the author of “Men’s health & wellbeing: an a – z guide” . ENGAGING MEN has been developed by Greg based on his research and 30 years of clinical and community experience in working with men across Australia and overseas.
COST AND REGISTRATION
$1200 for the five day training program, resources, refreshments and lunch.
EARLY BIRD RATE $1000 If Registration Received BY 5PM Friday February 19
All training materials plus a comprehensive bank of men’s health reports, articles and resources including a copy of my book “Men’s health and wellbeing: an a – z guide” are supplied on completion of the course.
TO REGISTER JUST COMPLETE THE ATTACHED REGISTRATION FORM and email to email@example.com or phone 0417 772 390 for more information.