Senior Policy Officer – Ageing and Disability
Temporary contract – up to 18 months
The Senior Policy Officer Ageing and Disability is responsible for representing the views of our members in order to achieve outcomes for Local Government. Working closely with staff within Local Government, NSW Family and Community Services and the Australian Department of Health and Ageing, the position will research, develop and implement policies and strategies in consultation with stakeholders in the best interests of LGNSW and its members. The position will provide advice, information, capacity building and other support to councils on emerging and on-going Ageing and Disability policy issues and develop LGNSW’s position on these issues.
The position requires the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Detailed knowledge of ageing and disability policies and planning, and the provision of related facilities, services and activities as they relate to Local Government and the ability to apply that knowledge to day to day situations.
- Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience and demonstrated knowledge of the relevant legislation and government policies in specialist subject area.
- Excellent demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including report and agenda writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated time management ability with experience in priority setting and delivering projects on time to agreed quality standards, with minimal supervision.
- Sound negotiation skills, and demonstrated ability to exercise judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the capacity to build and maintain effective relationships with a broad range of stakeholders at all levels.
- General knowledge of council practices and policies.
A position description is attached
Duration and hours per week
This is a temporary contract position commencing ASAP. The position is available as a full time position (35 hours per week, or 37.5 hours per week with monthly RDO).
This position is available as a secondment opportunity from a council or other government body.
Salary per year is $101,860 exclusive of superannuation and $111,537 including superannuation.
For information email Margaret Kay firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 9242 4082.
How to apply
Email applications addressing the criteria set out above to email@example.com by Sunday 5 February 2017.