This Thursday 1 June 2017
1pm – 3pm
Stockland Shellharbour Community Room
Crime, Safety and Solutions
Natasha – NSW Department of Justice
Victims Service is part of the NSW Department of Justice and provides support services, including counselling and financial assistance to victims of crime in NSW. Natasha’s topics will include:
- Victims Support Scheme, Safer Pathways, Witness Intermediaries and other projects
- Eligibility, requirements and the legal process.
- Support to Family and Friends of Missing Persons
- Charter of Victims Rights and how the Department assists.
Ryan – Community Safety, Data and Solutions
- A review of the crime trends and hotspots in the Illawarra region as recorded by the NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research.
- Overview of what a local Council’s community safety officer’s position may include, local safety projects and how these can benefit the community.