Nominations for the 2017 Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards close 11th July
GET YOUR REGISTRATIONS IN TODAY
It’s a simple online process!
Wollongong City Council is the host Council of the Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards 2017. This is an annual event that seeks to recognise Aboriginal and Non-Aboriginal achievement across the following categories:
- Aboriginal Elder of the Year (male and female)
- Aboriginal Community Representative of the Year
- Aboriginal Young Achiever of the Year (male and female)
- Aboriginal Community Volunteer of the Year
- Aboriginal Organisation of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to Reconciliation (Aboriginal or Non-Aboriginal)
The Selection Panel will assess nominations on the following selection criteria. Please ensure your application addresses each criterion.
- Demonstrated achievements
- Commitment to the betterment of Aboriginal community
- Promotes understanding and awareness of Aboriginal Culture to the wider community
- ‘Young Achiever’ must be aged between 12 and 24 years & achievements must relate to the past 12 months only.
Entries Close | Close of business 11 July 2017.
The Awards will be presented on Saturday 22nd July at the Regional NAIDOC Awards Dinner at the Fraternity Club Fairy Meadow.