The HARP Unit invite your service to join with 58 other organisations in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven who have taken up the offer to install FREE condom dispensers on their premises as part of the Condom Dispenser Project.
Condom dispensers make access to condoms free, easy and where they are most needed.
Making condoms available to people at your service is one of the easiest and most effective things you can do with regards to enabling people to make healthy choices around their sexual health. Latex condoms, when used consistently and correctly, reduce the risk of transmission of Sexually Transmissible Infections(STIs) such as gonorrhoea, syphilis, chlamydia, HIV and trichomoniasis.
In the 2016-2017 financial year the 58 participating organisations assisted the HARP Unit to distribute 36,481 condoms.
What the Condom Dispenser Project provides:
- Free installation of Glyde condom dispenser(s) which are fixed to the wall using clear silicon adhesive, no drilling required. Bathrooms are ideal places.
- Monthly reminder emails to a nominated person(s) in your service to top up dispenser refill
- Pre packed condom sleeve refills posted out to your service.
- Replacement key if lost to open the dispenser.
- HARP sticker on the dispenser for quick access phone call/email to the HARP Unit.
- Free resource support, via hard copy sexual health information, female condoms & lube.
- Hard copy of Condom Protocol(attached)– a booklet that covers the provision of condoms targeted to young people including legal considerations and strategies for implementing condom distribution at your service and how to talk about condoms, how to use condoms, how people can get around resistance to use condoms, myth busting facts about condoms, tips to how to have fun with condoms, frequently asked questions about providing condoms at your service and a condom distribution flow chart.
Glyde lockable wall mounted condom dispenser user instructions:
- The dispenser’s unique one-piece moulded construction provides a robust yet attractive unit suitable for reception areas and bathrooms.
- The dispenser holds 50 Glyde square shaped single condoms.
- The condoms are held securely inside the dispensers by utilising the patented light weight prepacked sleeve which can be recycled when empty.
- Dispensers are lockable. Each key is a master key so if one is lost or misplaced any of the other keys with dispensers in the package or previously wall mounted, will operate the locking mechanism
- When the sleeve is empty of Glyde condoms, simply unlock the top lid and extract the empty sleeve. Replace with a full sleeve as outlined above.
Condom dispensers value add to your service or organisation.
Contact |Jennifer Farinella | Team Leader Health Promotion
Tel: (02) 4221 6740 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org