Registrations are now open for the First Step Program Bus Tour.
First Step Program aim to continually improve the way they relate to other services and increase staff knowledge around the issues of Drugs and Alcohol, with the intention that the experience of a tour will fill gaps in networking and referrals between services.
First Step Program:
- Is a blood borne virus prevention service In the Illawarra and Shoalhaven area.
- The service provides clean injecting equipment, free condoms as well as support and referrals in all matters of health and welfare including detox and rehabilitation.
- Is a free and confidential service.
- Provide outreach services and education on HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis A, B and C and waste management of used syringes to individuals and groups.
- The service hosts two primary offices; one at Port Kembla Hospital, Warrawong and one at Orana House, Rawson Street, Wollongong.
- Supports 24 secondary outlets covering the regions from Helensburgh to Ulladulla.
- Manages automatic vending machines.
The tour will be held on Tuesday 10th October departing at 10am sharp from First Step Program, Port Kembla Hospital, Fairfax Road, Warrawong and concludes with lunch at 12.45pm.
9.45am Meeting at First Step Program, Port Kembla Hospital, Fairfax Road, Warrawong. Parking is available on Fairfax Road and Cowper Street and surrounding side streets
10.00am Depart for Hill 60, Port Kembla
10.45am The Wollongong Hospital Automatic Dispensing Machine
11.15am Rawson Street Centre, Wollongong site visit
11.45am Darcy House-Secondary outlet site visit
12.15pm Warilla Community Health Centre
12.45pm Return for lunch at First Step Programme
Click here to register.