Rebuilding the Social Fabric. Solving Social Problems
Applications Now Open
Social Leadership Program 2018
Applications are invited for participants in the 2018 Social Leadership Program.
This is an eight month program for people in civil society around Australia who want to develop and exercise social leadership ie. leadership in strengthening society and in finding solutions to social challenges.
The Program runs from February to October 2018. Places are limited.
Participants must nominate two social challenges they will work on over the course of the eight month period. The Program aims to provide peer-support and external expertise to participants in finding solutions to these challenges, through social organisation and innovation and public policy change.
Eligible participants must meet five criteria:
1. face challenges in their personal, family, community or social circumstances for which social solutions are required (participants must nominate two such challenges);
2. are working with peers and colleagues in a voluntary capacity in seeking these solutions;
3. have an interest in acquiring new ideas, approaches, insights and skills, and learning from others;
4. want to exercise leadership in assisting others in developing solutions; and
5.want to influence the public discussion about society and meeting social challenges.
The program consists of five components:
1. Two residential weekends for vision, learning and skill development (April and August) at Jinks Creek Winery, one hour east of Melbourne;
2. Online learning with a focus on Australian and international experiences, case studies and models;
3. Shared group input into two social challenges nominated by each participant over the course of the eight months;
4. Unlimited telephone and online support in seeking solutions for the nominated challenges; and
5. Occasional forums, dinners and meetings.
Applications are now open for participants in the 2018 program. Closing date: 8 December 2017.
Click here for more information
Click here to apply for the Program.