Health Promotion Officer (ENV1011)
- Do you want to give back to the local community?
- Are you looking for a sea change to the beautiful South Coast?
- Or something a little closer to home?
- Whatever your reasons, Kiama Council has your next career opportunity…
About the Area
Working and living on the South Coast comes with many perks. In the Kiama Local Government Area you can relax at our local cafes, restaurants or wineries, experience nature at the Minnamurra Rainforest, stroll along our scenic coastal walk or view our two famous Blowholes.
Kiama Municipal Council operates across a range of industry sectors. In addition to the traditional functions that are carried out by Councils, Kiama Council is a significant provider of aged care services both within the Municipality and the Illawarra region. Tourism is the major industry in the Local Government Area and Council is a significant provider and supporter of local tourism. Council operates the largest conference and function centre within the Municipality; The Pavilion Kiama along with the highly prized five holiday parks that comprise the Kiama Coast Holiday Parks.
About the Role
Council is currently seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Health Promotion Officer to join the team for 4 days (28 hours) per week on a permanent, part time basis.
The key objectives of the role are:
- To respond to population health and wellbeing issues, and facilitate the provision of programs that will lead to the enhancement of the health, and wellbeing of the community.
- To plan, co-ordinate and implement existing and/or new innovative sustainability and population health community projects.
- To coordinate, oversee and implement the 2011-2017 Kiama Health Plan and subsequent Plans.
For further information on the duties, tasks and selection criteria for this position, please view the position description available on Council’s website, http://www.kiama.nsw.gov.au
This position is classified at Grade 13 of Council’s salary structure, with a commencing weekly salary from $1,052.56 (Step 1) to $1,123.12 (Step 4) and progression to $1,250.80 (Step 9) is subject to competence and performance. These rates do not include superannuation and are based on working 28 hours per week. Conditions of employment are in accordance with Council protocols and the Local Government (State) Award 2017.
For enquiries please contact Council’s Human Resources Section on (02) 4232 0592.
Applications close on Monday 2 April 2018.
We actively encourage applications from people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background.