These excellent Fact Sheets have just been supplied to us by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) – the Federal Department responsible for the implementation of the NDIA.
- Snapshot 1 – General information about how the NDIS can support your mental health: 4 pages long, explaining the purpose of the snapshot sheets, general information on mental health and the NDIS, and recommended evidence to be submitted in the Access Request process (ARF) and NDIS Myth Busters.
- Snapshot 2 – Impairment and Mental Health in the NDIS: 2 pages, outlining typically used terms, including disability, mental health condition, impairment, diagnosis & the NDIS and more Myth Busters.
- Snapshot 3 – Recovery and the NDIS: 2 pages, the concept of recovery as it relates to lifelong functional impairment and Myth Busters.
- Snapshot 4 – Functional capacity and mental health issues: 4 ½ pages, the 6 domains of functional capacity (these were expanded upon in last week’s mail-out – the Aftercare Fact Sheet re psychosocial supports), and drug and alcohol dependence vs mental health impairment in the NDIS and more Myth Busters.
- Snapshot 5 – NDIS and other services supporting your mental health: 3 pages, includes the role of the Local Area Coordinators (LACs) in assisting access to non-NDIS supports and the appeal process. Plus final Myth Busters.
Please forward these sheets on to any colleague you think may benefit from reading this information.