The theme for this year’s Connecting Over Fair Food is ‘Together shaping the future’ with a focus on exploring the question ‘How do we best equip the next generation to enjoy good food and create a sustainable food future?’ There will be a panel of speakers, a range of expo stalls, and the opportunity to contribute to the Fair Food poster wall.
Connecting Over Fair Food takes a “Pay As You Feel” approach with a sliding scale starting at $10. All donations support future Food Fairness Illawarra events to fuel the Fair Food conversation!
Places are limited and bookings essential at www.foodfairnessillawarra.org,au or call Healthy Cities Illawarra on 4283 8111.
- Amelia Berner, Manager of OzHarvest’s Food Education and Sustainability Training (FEAST) Program, which combines nutrition, food waste and sustainability in a curriculum ready package for Australian schools.
- Aaron Sorenson, a Permaculture practitioner, teacher and designer who has been working with community gardens and school Permaculture gardens over the past 20 years.
- Jenny Norman is a dietitian currently working in a research who has investigated the effects of unhealthy food advertising on children’s dietary intake.
- Rosi Johnston works for ISLHD Health Promotion Service supporting early childhood centres, primary and high schools with a focus on implementing the NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy.
- Marie Armstrong Smith, a teacher and writer with a strong interest in environmental education for young children. Her early childhood service Early Years Care provides educative learning on sustainability including – food programs, and Little Diggers Play school at the Barrack Heights community garden.
- Berbel Franse, a Health Promotion Officer in Food Security & Food Sustainability at Healthy Cities, the Secretariat of Food Fairness Illawarra and founder of homegrown food waste initiative Hidden Harvest.
If you are interested in having an expo stall or a poster to provide information/display fair food related activities please call Healthy Cities Illawarra on 4283 8111.
The event is accessible for people with a disability and supports will be provided upon request.