How inclusive is your service?
Are you able to confidently offer a safe and inclusive environment to your lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) clients and staff?
You are invited to a 4-hour LGBTI Inclusion workshop for local service providers in Wollongong, facilitated by ACON. We welcome all community workers including but not limited to housing, mental health, aged care, and disability.
– What and who does ‘LGBTI people & communities’ mean?
– Understanding the lived experience of LGBTI peole
– Implementing inclusive practice
– Develop and understanding of sexuality and gender diverse people, and intersex people
– Identify the unique health needs of LGBTI people
– Gain a greater understanding of the associated health impacts of homophobia, transphobia and heterosexism
– Review your own service and own practice
– Take away tips to improve your practice with LGBTI clients
Date: Wednesday 7 November, 2018, 12:30pm – 4:30pm
Where: CareSouth Community Hub, 2 Matilda Way, Berkeley
Cost: $50/person + GST (an invoice can be arranged).