Kiama Council is calling for nominations for membership to its newly formed Community Safety Committee.
The objectives of the committee are:
- To implement strategies that help people feel safe in the community
- To achieve low rates of crime throughout the Municipality
- To develop, implement and monitor a Community Safety Plan
- To monitor and review the operation of the street surveillance system, its policies and procedures
- To identify and consider potential crime prevention strategies
- To provide a forum for issue identification and discussion
- To develop and implement a coordinated and prioritised work program for the Committee
The Committee will meet every 3 months on a Thursday evening 5.30pm to 7.30pm.
Additional meetings may be held at various days and times as required for projects involving the Committee.
Nominations will close Midnight Sunday 16 December 2018