Our April Interagency meeting on Advocacy was popular. Question-time ran out fast, you showed interest in further training and we listened…
BOOK NOW for our annual training event ADVOCACY SKILLS
Thursday 20 June 2019, 9am – 12pm
Shellharbour Civic Centre
76 Cygnet Avenue
Shellharbour City Centre
Underground parking available
We are very excited to have Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PIAC) from Sydney to present Advocacy Skills training. PIAC delivers high-quality, tailored, education and training to enable people to participate in decision making within their community.
ADVOCACY SKILLS WORKSHOP
This workshop provides skills to enable you to advocate effectively with knowledge and confidence. $50 (subsidised).
- Develop effective advocacy skills, strategies and techniques.
- Discover tools to effectively incorporate lobbying and negotiation.
- Learn to strengthen your bargaining position through thoughtful planning
- Learn the rights-based approach to advocacy which is to:
- increase skills and confidence to become a voice for expressing identified community concerns
- promote an issue, community or group
- improve service delivery to particular communities or sections of the community
- contribute to making public policy and reforming laws
Key local advocacy leaders will be invited to act as advisers and mentors on the day.
DON’T MISS THIS..
Great opportunity in the local community sector that is highly subsidised for your affordability. Numbers are strictly limited
Please share with your networks it is important that we all learn how to advocate in this political climate
Further information: www.illawarrainteragency.com firstname.lastname@example.org | (02) 4221 6091