EnableIn is a Free service, we assist people with a disability (aged 18-65) who fall within the following groups
- Homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Living in an assisted boarding houseLiving in an institutional setting
- is NSW wide project working with metro, rural, regional and remote areas
- will be establishing drop in meeting points and peer support networks in each of the above areas
- will provide people with generic and individually tailored information in regards to the NDIS and other mainstream services
- The service is open to people with disability, their families, carers, and community groups
- We will be looking at identifying where people are falling through the gaps and missing out on NDIS funding or services, and using this for research purposes to promote change
We are going to be holding monthly meeting points in the Illawarra where people can drop in and find out more about the service and how we can assist them (location TBA).
If successful, we will also be looking at setting up peer support groups to ensure this service continues to assist people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in the Illawarra area.
Connection Coordinator | People with Disability Australia
phone 02 9370 3100