The Department of Communities and Justice, or DCJ Scholarship Program (formerly the FACS Scholarship Program) helps young people to finish their education and reach their full potential.
Students can use their scholarship for educational, support related or living expenses in the 2020 academic year. This can include text books, tutoring, medical needs or childcare costs – among other things.
Eligibility is as follows:
- living in social housing, which includes:
- living in public housing, including Aboriginal housing
- being on the NSW Housing Register (wait list)
- receiving private rental assistance from DCJ (not Centrelink)
- receiving a Rent Choice product (Start Safely, Youth, Veterans, Transition)
- living in community housing/Aboriginal community housing
- living in housing provided by a Local Aboriginal Land Council
- living in Supported Accommodation through a Specialist Homelessness Service Provider (Homeless Youth Assistance, Crisis/Immediate, Transitional Housing)
- living in out-of-home care, which includes:
- statutory out-of-home care
- supported out-of-home care
- voluntary out-of-home care
- studying in one of the following:
- year 10, 11 or 12 at a NSW high school or equivalent at a TAFE college
- a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship
- a VET subject at a NSW high school in 2020.
What are the application dates?
Applications opened at 9am on Monday, 16 September 2019.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday, 31 October 2019 for year 10, 11 or 12 students,
For returning applicants at TAFE, university or in a traineeship or apprenticeship, the deadline for a student to provide their letter of offer for a course is 21 February 2020.
How can I help?
A promotional pack is available for you to download from www.facs.nsw.gov.au/scholarships
It includes: an A3 poster factsheet for new applicants factsheet for returning applicants applicant guidelines social media images to share online promotional videos. Please share this information with the young people you work with and your networks, and help us spread the word.
Where can I find out more?
If you have any questions, please call us on 02 8753 8673 or email email@example.com