Victims of natural disasters are priority clients for Legal Aid NSW. We provide free legal advice to anyone affected by the bushfires. That advice is often about:
- insurance, particularly what is covered in a policy, clean up costs, total loss settlements, the claims process, appeals. We can look at policies and tell people what is covered.
- financial hardship (loans and credit cards)
- government entitlements
How to access Legal Aid NSW Services:
- Disaster Response Legal Service-1800 801 529
Individuals, households and business people can call this free hotline for advice and will be immediately referred to a specialist lawyer.
- We are at the Recovery Centres at Ulladulla, Batemans Bay and Bega.
- Or you can refer a client to their local Legal Aid office (for example, Nowra Legal Aid).
Legal Aid have also developed factsheets relating to common legal issues that people affected by bushfires face. More information and links to these factsheets can be found at following link:
If any organisations would like to get copies of Legal Aid NSW factsheets or referral postcards and posters please order online at following link: