Will you sign our letter to Senators?
The Senate Inquiry has just released its Report on the Job-Ready Graduates Bill and it DOES NOT secure the future of social work in Australia.
With the bill expected to go to a vote in the next two weeks, we are now in the final stages of the campaign. So it is critical that every Senator hears our concerns about the legislation and what they can do to #SaveSocialWorkAU before they go to vote.
That’s why we have set up a ‘Letter to the Senators’ page on our website, to allow you to send a message to every Senator telling them how they can secure the future of social work in Australia.
Thank you for your ongoing support and please feel free to contact email@example.com to discuss how you can help the campaign or visit our website for more information.
Save Social Work Australia
Homelessness & the Census 2021; Upcoming job opportunities with Australian Bureau of Statistics
As the Census is the only national estimate of homelessness Australia, it is vital that we collect data that is a true reflection of the actual numbers of homelessness to ensure that funding and effort is targeted appropriately.
Census Engagement Manager (CEMs) roles are currently being advertised The CEMs will lead engagement activities with a range of stakeholders to improve the quality and relevance of Census data.
The following is a snapshot of key points about the CEMs roles:
- There will be 75 roles available across the country in all states and territories
- 35 out of the 75 roles will be recruited as affirmative measures positions and only open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants
- 50 of these roles will be in urban areas, 25 of these roles will be in remote areas
- The majority of the roles will focus on engaging with organisations supporting one or more of the following population groups: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people experiencing homelessness
- Applications open from 8 October – 5 November 2020
- Employment contracts are from 11 January 2021 until 31 October 2021.
You can access further information and application here: Census Jobs