Services Australia offers lump-sum payments for people who lost work and income due to a New South Wales COVID-19 public health order.
- you’re an Australian resident or hold a visa that gives you the right to work in Australia
- you’re 17 years or older
- you’re not getting an income support payment, ABSTUDY Living Allowance, Dad and Partner Pay or Parental Leave Pay
- you’re not getting the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment, a state or territory pandemic payment or a state small business payment for the same period
- you’ve lost income on or after day 8 and don’t have any appropriate paid leave entitlements.
You can check your visa details and conditions, including your right to work in Australia, using the Department of Home Affair’s VEVO system.
- Range between $325 and $600 per week depending on your circumstances.
- No asset tests apply for the Covid-19 Disaster Payment.
How to Claim:
If you are an Australian resident, you can claim online via your myGov account
If you’re an eligible working visa holder, eg. have a bridging visa or student via, you can call the Emergency Information Line on 180 22 66 to make a claim (Mon to Fri 8am to 5pm, Sat and Sun 9am to 4pm). You can contact the Multilingual Phone Service on 131 202 (Mon to Fri 8am to 5pm) for further information.
For more information go to https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/covid-19-disaster-payment-new-south-wales.
The latest information including translated information can be found on Services Australia’s social media on facebook, twitter and instagram.
The Services Australia YouTube channel has 2 new videos about COVID-19 Disaster Payment
The videos, available only in English, provide clear and simple messaging about how people can claim online and prove their identity.
How to claim the COVID-19 Disaster Payment
For people who have lost income due to a stay at home order, this video explains how people can claim using their myGov account.
Claiming the COVID-19 Disaster Payment online
This video is about how people can prove their identity to claim the COVID-19 Disaster Payment online.
Reminder: we have 4 myGov task cards available in 12 languages:
- Creating a myGov account
- Link a service using a linking code
- Link a service without an online account
- Link a service using an existing online account.
These and all other translated information products are available on the Information in your language web page.