EOI SCARF Mental Health Officer Role – please share
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY – MENTAL HEALTH PROJECT OFFICER
MCCI has received funding for an exciting new opportunity for a Project Officer to join our SCARF Team.
- Immediate Start to June 2022
- 38 hours per week
- Grade 4 SCHADS Award
The Project: MCCI has been funded by the Illawarra-Southeast Primary Health Network to support mental health awareness and access for refugee communities in the Illawarra. The project is a covid pandemic support initiative with a limited timeframe to June 2022.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- prior project management experience in a community development setting,
- a working knowledge of the mental health support systems
- a good understanding of the migration experience of people from refugee backgrounds
- great communication skills, and an ability to work as a member of a team.
The role will oversee the project, which includes
- developing & implementing community-based activities to promote mental health awareness & referral pathways for people from refugee backgrounds
- assisting SCARF’s community mobilisers with information, support and referral pathways to assist them to engage with community members who may need mental health services
- organising external Accidental Counselling training sessions with MCCI & SCARF volunteers and staff
- liaising with SCARF’s team to raise awareness of the initiative through existing programs
- maintaining records of activities undertaken, program participation, and working with the SCARF Manager to monitor, report on, and evaluate the program for the PHN funding body
If you are interested or know someone that may be suitable, please share with across your networks. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact People and Culture Team at email@example.com or Drew Sewell, SCARF Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications need to complete the attached EOI form with an updated resume and return to email@example.com asap.
This role has previously been advertised but was not filled, so we are eager to employ the right candidate as soon as possible.
Course Program 2022:
Duration 6 Months & Under:
Certificate Iii Individual Support (Ageing) Chc33015*^
Certificate Iii In Beauty Services Shb30115*^
Certificate Iii In Nail Technology Shb30315*^
Duration 12 Months & Under:
Certificate Iii In Business Bsb30120 *^
Certificate Iii In Accounts Administration Fns30317*^
Certificate Iii In Fitness Sis30315*^
Certificate Iii In Outdoor Leadership Sis30619*^
Diploma Of Beauty Therapy Shb50115*^
Certificate Iii In Hairdressing Shb30416*^
Certificate Iii In Barbering Shb30516*^
*All Courses Are Subsidised By The Nsw Govt And Many Are Fee-Free For Eligible Hsc School Leavers. Call Or Visit Our Website For More Details.
^Nationally Recognised Training (Nrt). National Vocational Education And Training Which Leads To Australian Qualifications Framework (Aqf) Qualifications Or Statements Of Attainment.
If You Would Like More Information Please Refer To Our Website Or Phone The Community College On 02 4232 1050.