Kiama Council – Youth Worker
In the role of Youth Worker (Casual Pool) you will assist with the co-ordination and delivery of activities, programs and administration of SENTRAL Youth Services. You will supervise the SENTRAL drop-in program and provide young people with referral to services and supports relevant to their individual situations.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Certificate IV or higher qualification in Youth Work
- Experience working as a Youth Worker or working in a related welfare/educational discipline
- Experience in working independently and unsupervised or as part of a team as required
- Knowledge of youth culture and social justice issues
- A commitment to child-safe practice
- The ability to address youth issues and provide up to date and appropriate support and referral options
- The ability to communicate effectively with young people and individuals from a variety of backgrounds including management and corporate organisations
- The ability to supervise volunteers
- The ability to respond calmly and safely in challenging situations.
- The ability and willingness to work at short notice, after hours and/or weekends.
You will bring a passion for empowering young people, a sense of fun and a commitment to the safety of children and young people to this dynamic and fulfilling role.
- Casual role up to 35 hours per week (usually 5 – 15 hours)
- There are 2 positions on offer to be included in our casual pool
- Salary from $37.84 to $40.58 per hour (depending on qualifications, skills and experience) – These rates are inclusive of 25% casual loading.
- plus 10% superannuation.