Registrations are now open for the First Step Program Bus Tour, Thursday 14th February 2019 from 10.00am till 2.00pm.
The bus tour gives participants an on the ground view of the current situation around drug use and Blood Borne Infection(BBI) transmissions.
It provides an opportunity to dispel myths and “get the real story” on such a hidden, sensitive, and not often talked about area.
First Step Program, Port Kembla Hospital, Fairfax Road, Warrawong.
Depart for Hill 60, Port Kembla
Warilla Community Health Centre
The Wollongong Hospital Automatic Dispensing Machine
Centre, Wollongong site visit
Darcy House, Port Kembla site visit & lunch
Cost is $15.00 which goes to Darcy House for providing lunch.
Click here to register or Google First Step Program, Bus Tour February 2019. Places are limited.
What other people are saying about the tour:
- Can I just say WOW!! What an amazing experience!! Thank you for this fantastic bus trip!
- I liked the way you challenged people’s perception on Methadone use.
- I find that this style of learning has so many benefits as opposed to the traditional sit in a room watching a PowerPoint presentation learning. It has had a strong impact on my understanding and perspective on the many issues that are faced by clients of the drug and alcohol service.
- I thought it was very insightful, interesting and valuable for both my future practice as a social worker but also just for my overall knowledge
- Loved every minute of it! Very informative and a great opportunity to speak with other people working in the field.
- The First Step Program bus tour was excellent – loved it!
Step Program is a free and confidential blood
borne virus prevention service In the Illawarra and Shoalhaven area. The
service provides clean injecting equipment, free condoms as well as support and
referrals in all matters of health and welfare including detox and
rehabilitation. First Step Program provide outreach services and
education on HIV, Hepatitis A, B and C and waste management of used syringes to
individuals and groups.
A collaborative initiative between
First Step Program HARP, & Healthy Cities Illawarra