7 and 8 May 2020
The GRANGE GOLF COURSE – Kembla Grange
Put these dates in your diary NOW!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND – Staff and Management from:
- Early Childhood Services
- Family Support Services
We have a responsibility in our services to create and develop environments that foster higher levels of knowledge and pride in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories, cultures and contributions.
We can support our children and families to find meaningful ways to increase respect, reduce prejudice and to strengthen relationships with the wider Australian community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
This conference will support staff in a practical way to:
- Develop and implement a Reconciliation Action Plan within their service
- Determine what you do well and the areas where you may need support
- Reflect closely on your own values and stereotypes that may be impeding your progress
- Develop an understanding of cultural awareness, cultural competence and cultural safety and their importance for Aboriginal families accessing your service
- Connect with our local Aboriginal Elders
- Develop networks and strong supports to assist you on your reconciliation journey
PLACES ARE LIMITED to ensure you are supported throughout the conference. For further information or to register your interest, please contact:
Tracey Kirk-Downey, Community Development Worker – Children & Family Services Wollongong City Council on 02 4227 7158 or email email@example.com