Join our dedicated and enthusiastic team who are committed to creating a Municipality that has a healthy, vibrant, beautiful environment and harmonious connected and resilient community. We are focused on, not only achieving our organisational goals but assisting staff to realise their professional and personal goals.
You will be required to supervise SENTRAL drop-in services and assist in coordinating activities involving young people, primarily on a Saturday. In this role you will also assist in developing programs that support the social, emotional, recreational, educational and personal development needs of young people in the Kiama Local Government area.
- Casual employment
- Hourly rate from $35.48 to $38.06 (depending on qualifications, skills and experience) plus applicable weekend penalty rates
- plus 9.5% superannuation
For further information about this position, click here for a copy of the position description.
Contact: Melissa Andrews – SENTRAL Youth Services Coordinator on 0491 153 834
Closing Date: Monday 10 June at 11.30 pm
For more information on how to apply, view our Information for Applicants Guide.
Illawarra Wingecarribee Alliance Aboriginal Corporation (IWAAC)
Administration Officer, Part Time, based at Warilla
Click here for more information.
Bellambi Neighbourhood Centre
Co‐ordinator, 30 hours per week
Click here for more information
Nigel Dick, Founding Patron of Odyssey House Victoria passed away peacefully yesterday morning.
In 1978, on discovering that one of his sons was addicted to heroin, Nigel visited Odyssey House in New South Wales with a view to opening a similar organisation in Victoria.
With the tenacity of someone who worked at the highest levels of the Australian television industry, Nigel formed an Odyssey for Victoria Committee and attracted the support of some of the state’s and nation’s eminent business, community, sporting and entertainment leaders.
In 1979, the committee approached the Victorian Premier, Rupert (Dick) Hamer who provided financial support from which the disused seminary at Lower Plenty was purchased and so Odyssey House Victoria’s Therapeutic Community was formed.
Nigel stepped down from the Odyssey House board in 2014 having given 35 years of service to the organisation that he loved so much. Odyssey House would not be what it is today without the foresight and tenacity of Nigel. Our thoughts are with his wife, Bev, and his children Deb, Garry and Richard at this time. RIP Nigel.
Senior Policy Officer – Ageing and Disability
Temporary contract – up to 18 months
The Senior Policy Officer Ageing and Disability is responsible for representing the views of our members in order to achieve outcomes for Local Government. Working closely with staff within Local Government, NSW Family and Community Services and the Australian Department of Health and Ageing, the position will research, develop and implement policies and strategies in consultation with stakeholders in the best interests of LGNSW and its members. The position will provide advice, information, capacity building and other support to councils on emerging and on-going Ageing and Disability policy issues and develop LGNSW’s position on these issues.
The position requires the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Detailed knowledge of ageing and disability policies and planning, and the provision of related facilities, services and activities as they relate to Local Government and the ability to apply that knowledge to day to day situations.
- Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience and demonstrated knowledge of the relevant legislation and government policies in specialist subject area.
- Excellent demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including report and agenda writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated time management ability with experience in priority setting and delivering projects on time to agreed quality standards, with minimal supervision.
- Sound negotiation skills, and demonstrated ability to exercise judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the capacity to build and maintain effective relationships with a broad range of stakeholders at all levels.
- General knowledge of council practices and policies.
A position description is attached
Duration and hours per week
This is a temporary contract position commencing ASAP. The position is available as a full time position (35 hours per week, or 37.5 hours per week with monthly RDO).
This position is available as a secondment opportunity from a council or other government body.
Salary per year is $101,860 exclusive of superannuation and $111,537 including superannuation.
For information email Margaret Kay email@example.com or phone 02 9242 4082.
How to apply
Email applications addressing the criteria set out above to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 5 February 2017.