Southern | Warilla-Barrack Heights Surf Club, 7 Osborne Parade, Warilla / 6-9pm Friday 8th August 2014
Northern | Thirroul Neighbourhood Centre, Lawrence Hargrave Drive, Thirroul / 6-9pm Friday 22nd August 2014
Are you working on a community project, do you have a great idea for one?
With illawarra soup you can raise money, build community support and get connections to local resources that can help you carry out your project
Illawarra SOUP is looking for community members, groups and organisations to pitch their projects and ideas at our upcoming community dinners in Warilla and Thirroul. You don’t need to be an organisation to apply.
Complete our simple project proposal online at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KxVDokHjSO4ikAryEmBw4ll1jf1ElxReuEp-q0btS_s/viewform?usp=send_form or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a proposal form with further information.
How Illawarra SOUP works
- Community members are invited to a community dinner, bringing $5 (cash only) to donate (or more if you like)
- A simple dinner of soup, bread, or similar is served
- During the dinner we listen to 8 community project pitches. 4 will be projects ready to go and looking for funding on the night, 4 will be at the idea stage and looking for support
- Discuss the projects with others at the dinner, share ideas and resources
- Everyone casts a vote for the community project they want to help fund
- The project with the most votes goes home with all the money donated on the night
- The winner comes back to a future SOUP dinner to tell us how the project went.
Illawarra SOUP is run by local community members and organisations. If you can help in any way, please let us know at email@example.com