We are happy to announce that registration is now open through Trybooking for our 2015 Annual Conference, ‘Success or Something Like It.’
More information on speaker highlights available on the Conference Webpage
Program is coming soon but we can promise an exciting line up of speakers and contributors. Continue to check our conference webpage for regular updates
For further information contact Tessa Parsons 4256 4333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Win a voucher to the value of $500 at your nominated store or service!
Illawarra Multicultural Services Inc. (IMS) has begun a journey to review its service delivery and re-engage with the wider communities in the Wollongong, Shellharbour, Kiama, Shoalhaven and Wingecarribee areas.
As part of our journey, we are inviting members of our community to help with suggesting a new name for our organisation, which commenced operations in August 1981 as the Illawarra Migrant Resource Centre.
Please submit your nomination to email@example.com
We will accept one nomination from each individual. Nominations will be considered by our Management Committee, who will select the new name that best suits the future directions of our organisation.
Nominations close on Friday 20 September 2013 @ 5pm.
The winner will be invited to attend our Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 16 October 2013, where the formal announcement will be made by our Guest Speaker – Mr Jim O’Callaghan PSM, Assistant Secretary, Humanitarian Branch, Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
Invitations to our AGM are scheduled to be emailed by the week beginning 16 September – Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive an invitation.
IMS has not swayed from its original objective of sharing with and easing the settlement challenges faced by new arrivals in our communities – we will always honour this commitment. Over the years our suite of services has expanded, reflecting the changing needs within our communities.
We currently deliver:
- Settlement Services as specified by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to newly arrived humanitarian and partner visa entrants during their first 5 years while establishing themselves in the Illawarra, Shoalhaven & Wingecarribee areas
- Intensive Family Support Services by way of short-term interventions for families with at least one child with a disability, to prevent family challenges escalating to need out of home care
- Early Intervention & Placement Prevention short-term interventions and positive parenting initiatives
- Community Capacity Building information sessions & activities to support socially & financially disadvantaged families from Culturally & Linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- A range of Multicultural Supported Playgroups that focus on delivering positive early learning outcomes for children and supporting parents to enhance their nurturing skills
- A Casual Child Minding Scheme that supports community organisations to engage with and deliver training and information sessions to vulnerable community members
In addition, IMS has recently been accepted by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to be an Approved Proposing Organisation, to progress refugee entrants under the Community Proposal Pilot.
We are looking to further enhance our suite of services to newly arrived members of our community and begin exploring service options for out-of-home care for children from CALD backgrounds. In addition, we are working towards expanding our boutique support services for people with disabilities who are of a CALD background, under the Disability Care Australia initiative. These initiatives may not be achieved through working in isolation – we will be looking to partner with like-minded agencies to deliver cost-effective services that avoid duplication and waste of the limited financial and other resources within our communities.
A voucher to the value of $500 awaits……
Nominations close on Friday 20th September at email@example.com
So….. be bold …. be creative …. and share in our journey…. as the sun sets on IMS a new dawn is beckoning