Have you visited the Illawarra Forum website lately?
- Fact Sheets. There are a range of Fact sheets on the website for the community services industry. Topics include Partnerships, Grant Writing, Governance and Collective Impact.
- Resources. This page contains resources that are produced in and relevant to the Illawarra and Shoalhaven. Resources include the Energy + Illawarra videos and resources, a guide to using the free telephone interpreting service that has been translated in to 9 languages and a free governance poster outlining the roles of the board, management and staff in an organisation.
- Interagencies. The only place to find an up to date list of interagenices in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven.
Also, make sure you like and visit our Facebook page to stay up to date with the latest developments across the industry.
Giveaway – During January and February 2016, we would like you to share any tips, stories or advice you may have around quitting smoking or staying quit on our Quit for New Life Facebook page to go in the draw to win a $40 Woolies voucher.
Ask any former smoker, and they’ll tell you—quitting is far from easy. In fact, many of them say it was the hardest thing they’ve ever had to do. If you quit smoking, tell us how you made it happen.
There’s no shortage of methods to help smokers quit. From cold turkey to hypnotherapy, the list is a long one. But everyone has a different method (or combo of methods) that worked best for them. Tell us what worked for you, and why? Be sure to include:
- Name of method: Cold turkey, the patch, medication, a specific book, etc.
- Your smoking frequency: A few a week? A pack a day?
- Why this method worked best: If you tried some other methods that didn’t work, tell us about those, too. Tell us why they didn’t work, and tell us the hardest part of the process.
So let’s hear it, former smokers—how did you quit?