RDA Illawarra (RDAI) invites applications from the community sector for an emerging leader to participate in the Leadership Illawarra Program. RDAI will sponsor the candidate (value $8,000) for the two year program commencing October 2014. We are particularly looking for a suitable applicant from the community, not-for-profit, NGO or social enterprise sectors.
What is the Leadership Illawarra Program?
The Leadership Illawarra Program is a two-year experiential learning program for the region’s emerging leaders; an investment in our human capital. Developed for RDAI in conjunction with Sydney Business School (University of Wollongong Faculty of Business) and The Illawarra Connection, the program aims to produce inspired and well-connected visionaries to lead our region into the future.
The program demonstrates the critical role of leadership for regional advancement, driving growth, employment and community wellbeing. Participants develop a sharper awareness of key issues, opportunities and challenges impacting our region and help build trust between regional stakeholders and governments.
Features of the Leadership Illawarra Program
- Network with business and community leaders, academic and industry experts and peers.
- Public and private sector participants in cohort.
- Creation of a cross-sector network with a common set of regional values.
- Practical leadership through collaborative team projects.
- Themes include challenges for the Illawarra, governance and ethics, leadership and community engagement / social responsibility.
- Residential master classes and industry visits.
- Engagement with a personal mentor.
- Opportunity to articulate into the Sydney Business School graduate program for a Graduate Certificate or Masters program with advanced standing in two subjects.
Criteria for Selection
- Currently employed in a management or coordination capacity within the community services sector (including not-for-profit and non-government organisations or social enterprises).
- Demonstrated commitment to the Illawarra region and improvement of its human services capability.
- Commitment to development of your own capacity for leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
How do I apply?
Discuss the opportunity with your organization, complete the confidential application form and e mail by Friday 15 August 5pm to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please contact David Muscio on 02 4227 4500.