Volunteers, those who don’t currently volunteer, and organisations that benefit from the work of volunteers are all invited to participate in a community conversation on volunteering in NSW.
These conversations will explore:
• What kind of experience do we want as volunteers?
• How is that different from what we experience at the moment as volunteers?
• What are some of the things that need to happen in our community for volunteers to get the experience they want?
The outcome of these conversations will help guide local action on improving the volunteer experience, and will contribute to national conversations on strengthening volunteering and the definition of volunteering.
If you would like to participate online, you can complete an online survey here.
You are all invited to participate in community conversations on volunteering to be held across NSW from Monday 20 April to Thursday 7 May, both face to face and online.
These workshops will be jointly hosted by local organisations and The Centre for Volunteering and supported by NSW Volunteering (Department of Education and Communities).
The 21st Century is bringing changes to our communities, families and the way we volunteer. These conversations will explore:
- What does it mean to volunteer today
- What kind of experience do we want as volunteers?
- How is that different from what we experience at the moment as volunteers?
- What are some of the things that need to happen in our community for volunteers to get the experience they want?
- If we came back together in 6 months or a year, what might we see which would tell us that the things we talked about today were starting to happen?
The outcome of these conversations influenced by your invaluable contribution will help guide local action on improving the volunteer experience, and will contribute to national conversations on defining and strengthening volunteering.
When and Where
To attend, please click on one of the sessions below to register for the consultation session near you:
- Monday 20 April Bathurst, Central West (10am-12 noon)
- Monday 20 April Bathurst, Central West (2pm-4pm)
- Tuesday 21 April Dubbo, Orana (10am-12 noon)
- Monday 27 April Wagga Wagga, Riverina (10am-12 noon)
- Tuesday 28 April Penrith, Western Sydney (10am-12 noon)
- Tuesday 28 April Parramatta, Western Sydney (2pm-4pm)
- Wednesday 29 April CBD, Sydney (10am-12 noon)
- Wednesday 29 April Gymea, Sydney (2pm-4pm)
- Thursday 30 April Thirroul, Illawarra (10am-12 noon)
- Thursday 30 April Wollongong, Illawarra (2pm-4pm)
- Friday 1 May Coffs Harbour, Mid North Coast (12pm-4pm)
- Monday 4 May Bar Beach, Newcastle 10am-12 noon)
- Monday 4 May Charlestown, Newcastle 2pm-4pm)
- Tuesday 5 May Merimbula, Far South Coast (12pm-4pm)
- Wednesday 6 May Tumbi Umbi, Central Coast (2pm-4pm)
- Thursday 7 May Tamworth, North West (12pm-4pm)
Volunteering Australia – drafts and surveys
Volunteering Australia has released draft material and is conducting online surveys from now until mid-April as part of the review of The National Standards for Working with Volunteers and the Definition of Volunteering.
For more information, visit www.volunteeringaustralia.org