The Local Government Regional NAIDOC Week Awards honour and acknowledge outstanding achievement by Aboriginal people and organisations within our regional community, celebrating the best of Aboriginal talent, culture and community.
As part of our commitment to Aboriginal Australians, Wollongong City Council, Shellharbour City Council, Kiama Municipal Council and Shoalhaven City Council organise this event each year to celebrate the achievements and contributions of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
The awards are held in July and rotate between each council area.
Kiama Council will host the awards this year on Saturday 19 July at The Pavilion Kiama.
Nominations are now open for the 2014 Regional NAIDOC Awards and will close on Friday 4 July 2014
Nominations will be received for the following categories:
- Community Representative of the Year
- Worker of the Year
- Organisation of the Year
- Young Achiever of the Year (female & male)
- Elder of the Year (female & male)
- Outstanding Contribution to Reconciliation (New)
To access the 2014 Nomination forms click on one of the links below
Nomination Forms (doc)
Nomination Forms (PDF)
2013 NAIDOC Week Award winners
- Aboriginal Young Person of the Year | Tahlia King and Lain Beckett
- Highly Commended | Gemma & Trish DeVries
- Aboriginal Volunteer of the Year | Barry Lennihan
- Aboriginal Worker of the Year | Jodi Edwards
- Aboriginal Organisation of the Year | SACYA
- Aboriginal Elder of the Year | Aunty Bev Armer and Uncle Vic Chapman