Are you or someone you know a Grandparent? We warmly invite all our members and their guests to our free family event in October!
That’s right, My Club Connect is celebrating Grandparents! That means if you are a Great Great Grandparent, a Great Grandparent or a Grandparent (or even a soon-to-be Grandparent) then we invite you to join us. Please bring your children, your grandkids and great grand kids for a celebration of your valuable contributions to your families and our community.
There are activities and entertainment for all ages and My Club Connect also have a surprise announcement to make on the day for our members which is very exciting!
If you are able to come along, please RSVP by Wednesday 17th October so we know who we are catering for.
26 October 2018 @ 12noon
From Novotel, North Beach, Wollongong
The theme for this year’s Connecting Over Fair Food is ‘Together shaping the future’ with a focus on exploring the question ‘How do we best equip the next generation to enjoy good food and create a sustainable food future?’ There will be a panel of speakers, a range of expo stalls, and the opportunity to contribute to the Fair Food poster wall.
Connecting Over Fair Food takes a “Pay As You Feel” approach with a sliding scale starting at $10. All donations support future Food Fairness Illawarra events to fuel the Fair Food conversation!
Places are limited and bookings essential at www.foodfairnessillawarra.org,au or call Healthy Cities Illawarra on 4283 8111.
- Amelia Berner, Manager of OzHarvest’s Food Education and Sustainability Training (FEAST) Program, which combines nutrition, food waste and sustainability in a curriculum ready package for Australian schools.
- Aaron Sorenson, a Permaculture practitioner, teacher and designer who has been working with community gardens and school Permaculture gardens over the past 20 years.
- Jenny Norman is a dietitian currently working in a research who has investigated the effects of unhealthy food advertising on children’s dietary intake.
- Rosi Johnston works for ISLHD Health Promotion Service supporting early childhood centres, primary and high schools with a focus on implementing the NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy.
- Marie Armstrong Smith, a teacher and writer with a strong interest in environmental education for young children. Her early childhood service Early Years Care provides educative learning on sustainability including – food programs, and Little Diggers Play school at the Barrack Heights community garden.
- Berbel Franse, a Health Promotion Officer in Food Security & Food Sustainability at Healthy Cities, the Secretariat of Food Fairness Illawarra and founder of homegrown food waste initiative Hidden Harvest.
If you are interested in having an expo stall or a poster to provide information/display fair food related activities please call Healthy Cities Illawarra on 4283 8111.
The event is accessible for people with a disability and supports will be provided upon request.
This group is about strengthening relationships through sharing and support..talking about:
- Love and respect in relationships
- Healthy relationships
- How your childhood learning affects your relationships
- Violence in relationships
- How unhealthy relationships affect children
- Changing relationships with your children after violence
8 week program
Wednesdays 24th October – 12th December
10am – 12pm
To register please call Family Services Illawarra on 4256 7333
To discuss menopausal symptoms treatment options and how to manage this time of life.
When: Wednesday 10th October
Time: 6.00pm – 8.30pm
Please call to book, Illawarra Women’s Health Centre 4255 6800
Eat Plant Learn is a seven week group program for people experiencing mental illness who are interested in gardening, sustainability, improving their cooking skills and gaining greater knowledge of healthy eating.
Throughout the program you will work on creating tasty meals and snacks, as well as your very own garden box filled with herbs and salad greens to take home with you and enjoy!
You do not have to be formally diagnosed, if you feel you have anxiety, depression or other mental health issues, you can just sign up.
When: Mondays – for 7 weeks, starting 22nd October
Time: 10.30am – 12.00pm
For more information .
Contact Active8 4226 3277 or
Illawarra Women’s Health Centre 4255 6800