The Royal Agricultural Society of NSW Foundation (RASF) is giving rural and regional NSW community organisations the chance to apply for kitchen cabinetry and appliances worth more than $20,000 to create or upgrade a community kitchen.
The RASF Community Kitchen Grant is made up of benches and cabinetry as well as at least $10,000 worth of state of the art appliances and white goods from The Australian Women’s Weekly Theatre Kitchen at the Sydney Royal Easter Show. This includes a gas cooktop, oven, sink, taps, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator and freezer.
In 2019, all Australians will have a My Health Record created for them, unless they choose not to.
My Health Record is an individual’s online summary of key health information and can be viewed safely and securely anywhere, at any time.
The Minister for Health announced an extension to the My Health Record opt out period until 31 January 2019. The opt out portal and help line will remain open and available until then, and records will be created for every Australian who wants one after 31 January 2019.
Using My Health Record, individuals and their medical practitioners have access to information including shared health summaries, prescribed and dispensed medicines and hospital discharge summaries. My Health Record is particularly useful when travelling interstate, in an emergency or managing chronic conditions with multiple doctors.
Personally controlled settings allow the user to decide who has access to the information and what they see. My Health Record protects individual data using multi-layered safeguards including encryption, firewalls and secure logins.
The Australian Parliament recently passed legislation to strengthen privacy protections in the My Health Records Act 2012. The new legislation means that individuals can opt in or opt out of My Health Record at any time, and permanently delete their record. A summary of the changes is available here.
For more information, visit myhealthrecord.gov.au or call the help line on 1800 723 471.
In the week leading up to World AIDS Day on the 1st December 2018, NSW Health are encouraging people to get tested for HIV.
For confidential information on where to get a HIV test call NSW Sexual Health Infolink on 1800 451 624.
To order a NSW Health HIV test online click here for a free, easy, private and accurate way to test.
Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis(PrEP), is the use of medications to prevent HIV in those at risk and it is available on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.
Around 10,000 in NSW people are currently living with HIV. 36.9 million people worldwide are currently living with HIV/AIDS.
Take the World AIDS Day quiz and go into the draw to win a $100.00 Coles Myer voucher.
Click here to start.
We invite you to our 2018 Annual General Meeting on Thursday 13 December 2018, 9.30am for a 10am start at the Ocean Room, The Central, UOW Innovation Campus, Squires Way, North Wollongong.
Jodi Edwards, project leader, will speak about the Budbili Mudjingaal (Possum Rug friends) project and present the first Possum Skin Cloak produced in the region for some time. She will discuss how this project has provided opportunities for young people and community members to work together to re-discover traditional Dharawal stories and practice.
The National Arts and Disability Strategy is being renewed! The Department of Communications and the Arts wants to hear about your experiences in the sector, and how you think the participation of people with disability in the arts, screen and culture sector can be increased.
How can I have my say on the National Arts and Disability Strategy?
- Complete an online survey
- Provide a written, verbal or recorded submission
Click here for these opportunities…
Is everyone welcome?
Yes, everyone can have their say. It’s important to hear the views of as many people and organisations as possible, including:
- Artists, arts and cultural workers and screen practitioners with disability
- People with disability who are audience members at venues and events, at home or online or who participate in creative or cultural workshops or recreational arts, screen or cultural activities
- Creative, cultural and screen organisations
- People with disability who want to participate in arts, screen or cultural activities
- Anyone else who has ideas on how to improve access to and participation in creative and cultural activities by people with disability
As well as looking at how to increase participation, you can share your views on ways to:
- Support the practice, professional development, networks and employment of practitioners with disability
- Build audiences for the work of artists and screen practitioners with disability
- Promote and celebrate the diversity of artists, arts and cultural workers and screen practitioners with disability
What is the deadline?
Submissions for the National Arts and Disability Strategy close Monday 3 December 2018 at 5pm (AEST).
Thank you for your participation!
ONE WEEK LEFT TO SECURE YOUR FULL REGISTRATION
Full Registrations are set to close at midnight Wednesday 21st November 2018! Register today to attend the Pathways14 conference and avoid paying late registration fees.
We are pleased to have Dr Manisha Amin – CEO of the Centre for Inclusive Design as one of our invited speakers at the conference. Manisha’s pre-conference interview is now up on the website. View it today and see her answers to the following questions:
- What exactly is ‘Inclusive Design’ and why is it important/pertinent to implement this in technology?
- You’re on the board of ADHD Australia, a non-profit organisation committed to removing barriers to wellbeing for people affected by ADHD. What do you see as some of the major challenges facing families and individuals living with ADHD?
- How do you think Inclusive Design can be embedded into teaching practices?
- What issues do you think higher education students in Australia are facing today? How are higher education institutions helping or hindering those issues?
- Your keynote is titled ‘Pick me!’ What skills do you hope the people who attend your session leave with?
We would like to thank the following Pathways14 Sponsors
If you would like further information about how you can be involved as a Pathways14 sponsor please contact email@example.com