Nominations for the 2019 NSW Premier’s Multicultural Communications Awards (PMCAs) are now open and close on Friday 6 September 2019. Celebrate the important role journalists, editors, marketers and publishers play in communicating the success of our multicultural society by encouraging your friends, colleagues and peers to nominate.
The Awards recognise excellence in both the multicultural media and marketing industries and showcase the best and brightest multicultural communicators in NSW.
Visit Multicultural NSW’s website for more information regarding categories, eligibility and the online nomination form: https://multicultural.nsw.gov.au/awards/premiers-multicultural-communications-awards/
The following seven categories are open to Multicultural Media only:
- Best Print Report – Recognising excellence in print journalism.
- Best Audio Report – Excellence in audio journalism for radio or digital platforms, including podcasts.
- Publication of the year – Outstanding contribution of a multicultural media publication in informing and engaging its audience.
- Best Audio/Visual Report – Excellence in broadcast and audio-visual storytelling, including video journalism for TV and digital platforms.
- Best use of Digital or Social Media – Outstanding use of digital production and multimedia storytelling, and/or social media.
- Young Journalist of the Year – Excellence and commitment to the fundamental principles of journalism (under 30 yrs of age).
- Lifetime Achievement Award – The pinnacle of journalistic achievement. (Exceeds 30 years of experience).
The following two categories are open to ALL media:
- Public Interest Award – Outstanding public interest journalism upholding the NSW Multicultural Principles.
- Alan Knight Student Award – The best piece of student journalism about cultural diversity, and/or multicultural affairs. Entry is open to secondary school, tertiary, TAFE and private college students in NSW.
- Campaign of the Year – Business – Recognising internal marketing and creative teams in organisations, including the public service.
- Campaign of the Year – Agency – Recognising public relations, advertising, and digital agencies.
- Campaign of the Year – Community – Recognising not-for-profits and volunteer-based groups.
If you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth McFarlane on email@example.com