Connect 19 – Supporting Seniors Get Connected During Covid Isolation.
This service is available to all our community seniors and is sponsored by the NSW Government and Warrigal
- Open and free to all
- Participants simply call 1800 106 930
- Volunteers are best to email as there are some protocols to follow – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Potential volunteers are welcome to call 1800 106 930 and find out more first
- Participants will be called by a volunteer
- We will chat and find what they would like most
- A regular phone chat might be enough
- We will also offer to help with alternative options they are interested in
- We will also be encouraging family and friend support networks where appropriate
- If they want to use computers and on line we can support that as well
- We have – free – 200 new Samsung Tablets with Telstra data packages to give away
- Participants will receive this if they are very keen to learn and do not have their own technology
- Thank you NSW Government Grants
- All participants and Volunteers will be supported by the MyClubConnect social network also
- MCC is being updated to include Covid 19 information and activity options.
- This is available in our new Covid Support Newsletter and soon on the website.
- To join MCC – https://myclubconnect.com.au/register/
- We are gearing to reach 2000 participants in the Illawarra – and more if the interest is there
- We are at currently about 700 participants becoming engaged by 70 volunteers so far and growing
- We are still recruiting for both participants and volunteers
- My aim as project manager is allow Connect 19 be as inclusive as possible
- Thank you Rod for being my mentor in inclusiveness – I apply this to all my community project activities
BCS Darcy House
Relocated to 27-29 Wentworth Street, Port Kembla.
Open 9.15am-2.00pm Monday-Friday.
Baptist Community Service runs the Port Kembla community drop in centre – supporting street based sex workers, homeless, marginalized and disadvantaged people living in Port Kembla and surrounding areas.
BCS Darcy House provides a safe place where people are supported to address key issues, such as personal health, drug and alcohol dependence, mental health and housing needs.
The service also seeks to assist clients in developing skills to build independence and resilience.
Living Connected is a not-for profit community enterprise providing services for the social well-being of elders helping them to remain independent, connected and engaged through digital inclusion.
Online Services Update Living Connected Online Services Update
Young Mentors Program Living Connected Young Mentors Program online
Returning to limited Face-to-Face Living Connected Return to Face-to-Face
Group Zoom Sessions
At Living Connected we are enjoying the learning and friendly discussion at our 5 weekly Zoom sessions. As well as help people with all sorts of digital problems, we teach them how to use apps such as Zoom to stay connected online.
We also welcome those who join us at these Zoom sessions just to have a chat, particularly those in isolation or struggling to make sense of all that 2020 has thrown at us.
If anyone needs help for tjeir first Zoom Session please call us on 0409 753 808
Mondays 2:30 pm Southern Illawarra Group
Meeting ID: 930 2714 7464 Password: 485354
Wednesdays 10am Wollongong Group
Meeting ID: 926 5995 4023 Password: 388523
Thursdays 3pm Northern Illawarra Group
Meeting ID: 921 0743 1729 Password: 382299
Thursdays 1:30pm South Coast Group
Meeting ID: 932 4247 3640 Password: 031765
Fridays 10am Shoalhaven Group
Meeting ID: 990 8404 5387 Password: 444633